Being open and transparent here is a breakdown of costs and all associated fees. Nothing is hidden and no extra costs will be incurred.
Setting up a Lasting Power of Attorney is quick, simple and relatively inexpensive.
The Office of the Public Guardian makes a charge of £82.00 to register each Lasting Power of Attorney. This means it costs £164.00 to register both a Property and Financial Affairs LPA and a Health and Welfare LPA.
Under certain circumstances, you may qualify for a reduction or exemption. For example, if you earn less than £12,000 or are on certain benefits like income support. We will happily explain the qualifying rules during the free, without obligation, initial consultation.
The costs shown below include the registration fee, as we feel it is important to register the document when it is drawn up. It cannot be used until it is registered and it takes between 8 and 10 weeks for the registration process to be completed. If you wait until mental capacity is lost, this is likely to result in a delay before your attorneys are able to act on your behalf.
Single LPA £425
Either a Property & Financial Affairs LPA or a Health & Welfare LPA (£82 registration fee included)
Two LPA's for the same person £750
Both a Property & Financial Affairs LPA and a Health & Welfare LPA (£164 registration fees included)
Two LPA's in Different Names £775
Two Property & Financial Affairs LPA's or two Health & Welfare LPA's in different names i.e. for couples living together. (£164 registration fees included)
Four LPA's in two different names £1450
Two x Property & Financial Affairs LPA's plus Two x Health & Welfare LPA's in two different names i.e. for couples living together (£328 registration fees included)
When Are Fees Payable?
The process of setting up a Lasting Power of Attorney can be divided into 5 stages:-
- Initial free no-obligation consultation. This last approximately 20 minutes.
- Decision to proceed made and an appointment booked for the LPA(s) to be drafted. At this stage an engagement fee of £200.00 becomes payable. Full consultation, advice and draft information collected. This lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- The LPA is prepared for signature. At this stage the balance of the fee is payable.
- The LPA is then sent to both yourself and then the Attorney’s for signature.
- Once the LPA has been signed by all applicable parties and returned to us, we will forward it to the Office of the Public Guardian for Registration.